Focus 2020 Community Action Grant
Year 2 Timeline:
- Click here to download 2014 Community Action Grant application
- Application Deadline: September 26, 2014
- Awards Announced/Distributed: Pending – Mid November 2014
- Grant Reports Due: 30 days after completion of project/program
Click here to see a list of grants awarded for the 2013-2014 grant cycle.
- Only Focus 2020 graduates are eligible. We will allow individuals to apply who have completed at least two workshops. However, all requirements must be completed before grant funds will be distributed.
- Must live or work in Greater Indianapolis community (Marion County and surrounding counties)
- Individuals apply on behalf of a group or organization
- If not applying on behalf of 501(c)(3) organizations, all applicants will be required to have a fiscal agent – A 501(c)(3) that would hold the money until it is used for the project.
- New or expanded project/program which takes place in the Greater Indianapolis community
- Further the vision/goals of Focus 2020 initiative to create an engaged and inclusive city by creating more communication between groups in our community, developing an awareness and appreciation of our community’s diversity, and achieving a synergy of strengths.
- Examples of possible projects (Please note: We encourage creativity!):
- Facilitating dialogue between distinct demographics by building a space for them to connect
- Addressing tension/conflict in the community through an event highlighting lessons learned about similar conflicts in the past
- Cultural Myth-buster events or programs
- Developing an awareness and appreciation of Greater Indy’s diversity
- Creating a more welcoming community
- Range: $500-$5,000 (total of $25,000 will be distributed in year one)
- Restrictions: Not for administrative salaries and administrative fees for fiscal agents covered only up to 5% of total grant amount
- Special Notes: Staff training fees are allowed, professional service fees are allowed (Example: Design Consultant), and stipends for interns or project staff are permissible
- One year to complete projects with a simple follow-up report due within 30 days after completion
- Documentation & Reporting – Every applicant will identify someone who will take photos of their project, a story teller for their project & a social media reporter to share their project online through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and/or Pinterest (Applicant can identify the social media platform(s) they will use.)